In paper production, the future quality of paper or paperboard is considerably influenced by the headbox and in the forming section. Headbox and formation build up the first stage of a papermaking machine. In the former the stock is applied on the wire and here a uniform paper web is formed. During this process a huge quantity of water is drained. This process makes particularly high demands on sensors.
Besides the common machines with a fourdrinier section, also machines with additional top wire - the so-called Duo-Former™ or Hybridformer - and double wire machines - the so-called Gap Formers - are used.
Inductive analogue sensors from Proxitron check the position of the former, provided this is made of a metal strip or web, or entails metal particles. Slight changes in the position of the former can be detected and if the displacement becomes critical, the sensor can activate a signal to the machine control.
At a glance
- maintenance free
- waterproof plug connection
- RS 485 interface
Technical data MKU 215.19 S4
- Distance range max. from: 0 - 120 mm
- Location at metal: non flush mounting
- Output: 0 - 10 V
- Supply voltage: 24 V DC
- Interface: RS 485
- 3-pole angular coupling with moulded connection cable of 5 m length for analogous evaluation
- 5-pole angular coupling with moulded connection cable of 5 m length for additional use of RS 485